Here’s what I’ve been reading lately on the internet that I would recommend to friends and strangers alike.
- Jess of Me and D talks candidly about living with disordered eating (which, I learned, is different from an eating disorder). “Asking for help was the hardest and best thing I’ve ever done. It was terrifying. And being in therapy hurt. It’s hard work. There are no quick fixes.”
- This is horrible in real life….but it would make a great movie or TV episode: Court reporter types “I hate my job” over and over instead of actual dialogue.
- From Ally of Very Light, No Sugar: “Bars and coffee shops are the real patient portals.”
- The eminently quoteable Dr. Oliver Sacks on the power of music: “There is…a deep and mysterious paradox here, for while such music makes one experience pain and grief more intensely, it brings solace and consolation at the same time.”
- Oddly, I had that exact same feeling while reading his New York Times op-ed on his terminal cancer diagnosis. a couple weeks ago.
Happy weekend, and I would love to hear your own thoughts on any of these articles and blog posts!